In a recent office potluck, one of my colleagues had made ‘Mughlai Chicken’. It was really delicious and I was after her for the recipe for a long time. That is when she told me that she has used a very simple recipe that she found in a cookbook shared by her mom-in-law.
It was a book called ‘The Art of Cooking’ compiled by the housewives of Kuwait. I was so fond of the recipe that I spent 45 mins in front of the printer, scanning each and every page of the book. So when my brother was in town recently, I had the perfect occasion and reason to cook Mughlai Chicken.
As I went through the book, I realized, all housewives are good at one thing – simplifying complicated recipes to simple solutiins that they can use in their daily family cooking 🙂 This was valid for each and every recipe, I found in this book.
You can’t find this book online unless you are in Kuwait. Hence, as I try different recipes from the book, I will continue to share them with you.
For now, enjoy this Mughlai Chicken with your family!
- Heat oil in a vessel and add bay leaf and broken cardamom.
- Add onion and stir fry till light brown
- Add ginger and garlic paste and sauté
- Add chicken pieces and stir fry on high flame till the water evaporates
- Mix yogurt with cashew paste, chilli powder, salt and garam masala.
- Add the curd mixture to the chicken, stir fry till the oil leaves the masala.
- Cover and cook till done
- Add cream and coriander leaves. Mix well and keep on low flame for a minute.
- Serve hot!
Enjoy this quick recipe of curry in a hurry!